We love everything pool houses represent: an easy-breezy, indoor-outdoor lifestyle filled with sunny days and kick-back gatherings of friends and family. And this just might be one of the prettiest we’ve seen yet. But even if you don’t have a pool, let alone a pool house, this decor will perfectly translate to your own outdoor space, whether it’s a covered porch or a fully alfresco patio.
To avoid blocking access, furniture has been smartly situated to the sides and the back of the cabana, allowing for easy entrance.
Evoking the Crayola hues splashed across Caribbean islands, bright white upholstery has been topped with brilliant coral pillows and throws—exactly what you’d want out of a dream staycation spot. The sunny shade dances across the carpet, colors the rug, and even gets picked up in an elaborate wall hanging. Take a spin around a color wheel and you’ll realize that coral is the perfect balance to the existing blue of the pool and the greens of the surrounding flora.
5 Decorating Ideas to Steal
1) Don’t forget about decorative accents—sculptures, vessels, and pretty potted plants. They’ll make your outdoor space seem like a seamless extension of your home’s stylish interior.
2) Play up the power of pairs. Symmetry is so pleasing to the eye it makes even the most casual of spaces seem decorated to a T.
3) A design trick that makes for a richly layered room is varying the height of your furnishings. Consider working in a plant-topped pedestal, a designer favorite.
4) Who says that outdoor lighting has to be strictly utilitarian? As long as it’s protected from the elements, a chic chandelier brings a magical quality to an alfresco space.
5) When throwing a backyard bash, pull your favorite pieces out of your house and use them outdoors. You can easily create cool, comfy nooks for lounging by piling your patio furniture with throws and pillows.