A garden-fresh palette, a swoon-worthy stand-alone tub, a chic dose of marble, and elegantly trellised wallpaper—hello, dream bathroom! When it comes to decorating our homes, we typically flow most of our time and money into the common areas: the living room, the dining room, the kitchen—those spots guests will see. But it’s time to take back your bathroom. A master bath should be a sanctuary, enhancing your morning routine and giving you a place (that tub!) to relax on your rare afternoons off.
5 Decorating Ideas to Steal
1) Love the look of curtains, but love your privacy even more? Combine a set of curtains with a pair of bottom-up shades to let in light while ensuring that you’re not accidentally putting on a show for your neighbors.
2) On that note, hanging curtains far above your windows is a favorite trick of designers to make regular-height ceilings appear extra-tall and tall ceilings appear sky-high.
3) Play the name game. When used in moderation, monograms can be a classy detail lending a personal touch to your space. Plus, from a purely visual perspective, a graphic hit of type functions like an interesting pattern without actually adding more pattern to the room.
4) All bathtubs need side tables where you can rest all your necessary bath-time accoutrements from your cell to your current read to a glass of vino.
5) Whether your bathroom is earthy and rustic or timelessly traditional, a major light fixture can take it from basic to out-of-bounds beautiful. A chandelier will give it a dreamy dressing-room feel and make your daily morning primp session a joy.