Why It Works
A pared-down palette tempers the theatricality of the four-poster canopy bed, creating a space that is equal parts serene and dramatic. While all the pieces are ones you’d expect to find in a bedroom—headboard, bedside tables, lamps, bench—each features dramatic or exotic details that when combined add up to a truly dreamy room to retreat to at the end of the day.
Our Favorite Part
Without a doubt the German-silver canopy bed, with embroidered drapes to enhance the cocoon-y feel, is the feature we can’t get over. It’s the perfect reminder of the impact this style of bed can have. Although in this instance the height of the bed’s frame serves to accentuate the tall ceilings, a canopy bed in a small space where it all but touches the walls and ceiling can transform a shoe box into a jewel box.
Shop the Look
5 Decorating Ideas to Steal
1. Symmetry is always a safe bet when buying pieces to go on either side of the bed, so double up.
2. The bedroom is an ideal place to use treasured textiles, whether hanging behind the bed or stitched into a custom canopy (something your dry cleaner can likely tackle).
3. Add easy-to-reach task lighting in addition to table lamps.
4. Decorative mirrors can bring just as much visual interest to your walls as art.
5. A white headboard combined with white bedding looks great, and together they equal an oasis of calm.