The perfect holiday drink is festive, refreshing and easy to make in large batches. Enter the Darjeeling Gin Fizz. This tea-based cocktail is a mixture of tea, lemonade, gin, and club soda, which gives it just the right amount of kick. Best of all you can make this drink beforehand. So set a pitcher out on the table and enjoy a bartender-less evening of entertaining.
Darjeeling Gin Fizz
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons loose-leaf Earl Grey tea (we used Twinings in the yellow tin)
- 2 cups frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups Tanqueray Rangpur gin, chilled
- 4 cups club soda, chilled
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Orange slices, for garnish
1. In small saucepan, bring water to boil. Add tea leaves. Remove from heat. Cover and let steep until room temperature. Transfer tea mixture to an airtight container and chill overnight.
2. Strain tea mixture into pitcher; discard tea leaves. Add lemonade concentrate, gin, and club soda to pitcher; stir well to blend. Serve over ice.
Tip: Since Earl Grey tea has the essence of bergamot, orange slices are a natural complement that enhance the flavor.