Whether the Moscow Mule—a drink dating to 1946—was first made with limes or lemons is murky history, but for our version we couldn’t resist the tart sweetness of Meyer lemons. Along with the cocktail’s effervescent ginger beer base, the combo is bright, lively, and all the better served in its classic copper mug.
Makes 1 cocktail
Note: For a cocktail that’s more sweet than spicy, substitute ginger ale for ginger beer.
- 1/2 ounce Meyer lemon juice (juice of about 1 lemon wedge)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 5 ounces best-quality ginger beer
- ice cubes
- Lemon slices, for garnish
1. Squeeze lemon juice into mug or glass and top with vodka. Add a few ice cubes and stir to slightly chill the the liquids.
2. Top with the ginger beer and add more ice until mug or glass is full. Garnish with a few lemon slices.