For the last few weeks our CSA (community-supported agriculture) boxes have been overflowing with peaches (not a bad problem to have, we know). And while we love a classic pie or cobbler, there are so many ways to savor this season’s most cherished stone fruit. This cocktail, which works best with overripe fruit, provides fresh peach flavor, plus the major dose of refreshment we need in the height of late-summer, early fall (it tastes just as good sans vodka!). And since we love a gorgeous Moroccan tea-glass, we served it in a stunning gold embroidered cup and layered in a touch of pomegranate for an exotic flair.
- 6 ounces vodka
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 peaches, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 cups white tea, chilled
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
1. Using a liquid measuring cup, pour 1.5 ounces vodka and 2 ounces pomegranate juice into a cocktail shaker. Add in 4 peach wedges. Scoop in ice to fill the shaker 3/4 full; cover and shake vigorously.
2. Fill a small glass with crushed ice. Add vodka mixture and top with 1/2 cup chilled tea. Note: To quick-chill tea, pour brewed tea into a bowl and place in an ice-water bath until cold. Stir and repeat process to make 4 cocktails. Garnish each glass with pomegranate seeds.