Lawson-Fenning opened its first store in 1997, while Glenn Lawson and Grant Fenning were still students at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. It has since evolved into a Los Angeles fixture, with showrooms in Silver Lake and the design corridor of Beverly Boulevard. Their line is a contemporary one with a sense of place and history: Modern shapes and finishes mingle with traditional details and context, and 20th-century pieces are eloquently mixed with new designs from their own line of sustainable, locally crafted furniture.
Goldtone metal vanity purse covered with mother-of-pearl, circa
1950. Inside are several compartments including one for powder and lipstick, as well as a small comb. Chain handle, 9.5"L. Paper label marked: Genuine Mother of Pearl by Pearlpact. Minimal wear.