Lawson-Fenning opened its first store in 1997, while Glenn Lawson and Grant Fenning were still students at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. It has since evolved into a Los Angeles fixture, with showrooms in Silver Lake and the design corridor of Beverly Boulevard. Their line is a contemporary one with a sense of place and history: Modern shapes and finishes mingle with traditional details and context, and 20th-century pieces are eloquently mixed with new designs from their own line of sustainable, locally crafted furniture.
Large English circular magnifying glass and paperweight that
is actually the condenser or magnifier from a Magic Lantern, circa 1910. Polished brass with a sought after domed lens. Unmarked, but likely by Optimus. No maker's mark. Light wear.