The story of Ladurée started in 1862 when Louis Ernest Ladurée opened a bakery in the heart of Paris at 16 rue Royale. In 1872, following a fire, the little bakery became a pastry shop and the decoration was then done by Jules Cheret, a famous painter and poster-designer of the time. Jeanne Souchard, Ernest Ladurée's wife, then had the idea of combining the Parisian café with a pastry-shop, thereby creating one of Paris' first tearooms. In 1993, Ladurée was bought by Francis and David Holder and became one of the best-known gourmet addresses in Paris. In this book, Philippe Andrieu, the pastry chef at Ladurée, reveals 100 of the most famous Ladurée recipes, adapted for the general public.