Click Pin it
to share this product on Pinterest!
An original lithograph printed in colors on wove paper. Signed lower right with artist’s stamp. This is a fine impression of the definitive state from the edition on this paper (there was also a small edition on Japan paper). Transcribed from Willette’s 1893 poster of the same title by artisans at Atelier Chéret and issued as plate 194 (of 256) in the series Les Maîtres de l’Affiche, bearing the blindstamp of the monogram (Lugt 1777c) in the sheet lower right. Published by Jules Chéret printed at Impremiere Chaix (Atelier Chéret), Paris. Catalogue reference: Masters of the Poster pl. 194.
This work is part of a carefully curated selection by noted fine art expert Jennifer McCloskey, who was formerly affiliated with Doyle Gallery in New York and is now based in San Francisco.
- Willette, Aldophe
- original lithograph on wove paper
- image size, 12 1/16" x 9 1/16";
sheet size, 15 7/16" x 11 3/8"
- There may be slight nics, tears, or discoloration in the margins, all well away from the image and will be covered with matting once framed. Otherwise, in excellent condition with fresh colors.
- Do not hang in direct sunlight.
- Please note:
- This work is not framed, and should be framed with acid-free materials. It comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Josef Albers, Portfolio 2, Folder 11, B
Josef Albers, Portfolio 1, Folder 25, A
Josef Albers, Portfolio 1, Folder 33
Josef Albers, Portfolio 1, Folder 25, B