Click Pin it
to share this product on Pinterest!
An original etching and aquatint printed in colors on Japan paper. Hand-signed in pencil lower right Matta. A fine impression. From the edition of 100 , numbered “12/100” in pencil lower left. Plate 1 of 10 from the album Une Saison en Enfer, published by Ediciones Poligrafa, S.A., Barcelona; printed by Atelier Georges Visat Paris, 1978.
This work is part of a carefully curated selection by noted fine art expert Jennifer McCloskey, who was formerly affiliated with Doyle Gallery in New York and is now based in San Francisco. If you have questions about any of the works in this selection, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Roberto Sebastian Matta, (Chilean, born 1911)
- Title and date:
- L’explosion qui éclaire mon abime (The Explosion that Illuminates my Ruin),1977
- Original etching and aquatint printed in colors on Japan paper. Work is framed archivally with acid-free materials.
- platemark, 18 11/16" x 14 5/16"; sheet size, 25 3/4" x 20 1/8"; framed, 29" x 34 1/4"
- In excellent condition, with bright, fresh colors, printed on a sheet with full margins. There may be minor wear to the frame.
- Do not hang in direct sunlight.
- Please note:
- This work comes with a certificate of authenticity.