Here are my must-have pieces and how I like to use them on the road.
- I like to watch on my iPad films that are set in the country I’m traveling to. I was recently in Paris and watched Dangerous Liaisons on my way there.
- In addition to the books on my iPad, I always pack an actual book to read.
- A passport cover is such a great little luxury. Mine is blue with a white silhouette of the United States and has red stitching.
- I always walk around a foreign city at night. You can see inside the homes and get a peek at the way people live. London is great for this because their windows are lower.
- My go-to travel camera is a Canon G12. It takes great pictures, but it’s still an automatic, so you don’t have to deal with changing lenses.