Types Of Information We Collect
Personal information means information that allows someone to identify or contact you. Non-personal information means information that does not directly identify you. We collect both types of information about you.
The following provides examples of the types of data that we collect about you and how we use the information.
|Context||Types of Information||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Information|
|Account Registration||We collect your name and contact information when you create an account.||We have a legitimate interest in providing account relating functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Demographic Information||We may collect information from you, such as your age or location.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services and products.|
|Distance Information||When you use one of our Apps we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your distance from a store.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services and products. In some contexts, our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee.||In some contexts, we are required by law to collect information about our employees. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Loyalty or Rewards Programs||If you sign up for one of our loyalty or rewards programs, we collect your name and contact information (such as email address and telephone number).||We have a legitimate interest administering our loyalty and rewards programs. That administration includes, among other things, communicating with you about program benefits, providing you with membership benefits, detecting security incidents, and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||Where required by law, we have obtained your consent to share information about our products or services, and we use your email address or postal address to share such information. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services, and we use your email address or postal address to share such information.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.||We have a legitimate interest in identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Order Placement||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and payment card information when you place an order. We use reasonable efforts to protect such payment card information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure (for more information please see the section below titled “How We Protect Personal Information”).||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.|
|Partner Promotion||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.||We have a legitimate interest in operating the sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes, and we have a legitimate interest in complying with those laws.|
|Third Party Tracking||We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie (further described below)) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites. Cookies may be managed by following instructions provided by your browser.||We use this information to provide advertising about products and services tailored to our user’s interest.|
|Web logs||We collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
|Cookies||"Cookies" are small pieces of information that a website sends to your device while you are viewing a website. We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them). Among other things, cookies allow us to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience tailored to your interests and to improve our marketing efforts. Cookies may be managed by following instructions provided by your browser. If you choose to disable cookies some areas or features of our websites may not work properly.||We use this information to make our websites operate efficiently, to improve user experience on our websites, and to understand website traffic and how our websites are being used.|
|Wedding, baby, and/or Gift Registry||We may collect your name, contact information, shipping address, and information about an event for which you are registering.||We have a legitimate interest in offering gift registry related services.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Use And Processing Of Your Personal Information.
In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To provide the products and services you request, or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline your checkout process.
- To conduct analytics (e.g., to enhance user experience on our website).
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
- To detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible misconduct.
Sharing of Personal Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose personal information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires (or proposed to acquire) our company, any of our affiliates, business, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Some of our websites provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers. We share your personal information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, support our loyalty programs, conduct surveys, provide technical support, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
- Wedding, Baby, and/or Gift Registry. Some of our websites provide the opportunity to create public registries where you can indicate to others what types of products you might be interested in receiving. We share the information that you provide about your event (e.g., name, date, location, etc.) with the public to permit others to search for that information. In some cases we may provide you with options to restrict the extent to which that information will be shared. We may also share your information with third party wedding and gift registry portal sites. Among other things this provides your guests with additional means of finding your registry and coordinating gifts.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us and our affiliates to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, including targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request within the timeframe permitted by law, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders you have made, to ask you to rate the product you purchased, or other service-related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
Mobile Messages Terms and Conditions
Promotional Mobile Messages
Text the advertised keyword to 91839 to receive promotional alerts from One Kings Lane. Text STOP to 91839 to opt out. Text HELP to 91839, call (332) 333-6412, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Standard exclusions apply.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
How Long We Retain Information
Information for California Residents
- Rights with Respect to Personal Information. If you are a resident of California, you may have additional rights under applicable data protection laws, with respect to your personal information including:
- Request Access. If required by law, upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request Deletion. In certain circumstances, you may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law we will delete your personal information after such a request is made. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. You should note that there are some situations in which we may decline to delete your personal information. For example, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, where permitted by law, to resolve disputes, and/or to enforce any of our agreements.
Information for Non-US Residents
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. If you are a customer located outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in the United States.
- Rights With Respect to Personal Information. If you are a resident of the European Union, you may have additional rights under applicable data protection laws with respect to your personal information, including:
- Request Access. If required by law, upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about you, including in some cases the right to data portability. You can exercise this right by completing and submitting a Request Form or by contacting us at 1-332-333-6412.
- Request Deletion. In certain circumstances, you may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law we will delete your personal information after such a request is made. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. You should note that there are some situations in which we may decline to delete your personal information. For example, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, where permitted by law, to resolve disputes, and/or to enforce any of our agreements. You can exercise this right by completing and submitting a Request Form or by contacting us at 1-332-333-6412.
- Request Modification. You may request to rectify or update your inaccurate or out-of-date personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Object To Processing. In certain circumstances, you may object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You may exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Revoke Consent. We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you are a customer located outside the United States, and you are not satisfied with our response, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulatory authority.
Third Party Applications/Websites
We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
One Kings Lane
Attn: Customer Service – Privacy
250 Hudson Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Last Revised December 31, 2019
California Information Sharing Disclosure
California Civil Code Sections 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether the following categories of personal information are collected, transferred for “valuable consideration,” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law). The table below indicates the categories of personal information we collect and transfer in a variety of contexts. Please note that because this list is comprehensive, it may refer to types of information that we collect and share about people other than yourself. For example, while we transfer credit card or debit card numbers for our business purpose in order to process payments for orders placed with us, we do not collect or transfer credit card or debit card numbers of individuals that submit questions through our website’s “contact us” page.
|Category of Personal Information||Is information collected by us?||Is information transferred for valuable consideration?||Is information shared with service providers for business purposes?|
(e.g., to maintain recordings of customer service calls for quality, training and security purposes)
|Visual Information (e.g., in store security cameras for loss prevention and security purposes)||YES||NO||YES|
|Electronic, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO||NO||NO|
|Bank account number||NO||NO||NO|
|Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased)||YES||NO||YES|
|Credit card number (e.g., if you voluntarily provide it to us in connection with a transaction)||YES||NO||YES|
|Debit card number (e.g., if you voluntarily provide it to us in connection with a transaction)||YES||NO||YES|
|Driver’s License Number / State ID||NO||NO||NO|
|Education (e.g. if you apply for employment with us, or estimated information provided by a third party for marketing purposes)||YES||NO||YES|
|Electronic network activity (e.g., browsing history)||YES||NO||YES|
|Email address (e.g., to send you order confirmations, transactional emails or marketing emails)||YES||NO||YES|
|Employment (e.g., if you apply for employment with us, or estimated information provided by a third party for marketing purposes)||YES||NO||YES|
|Employment history (e.g., if you apply for employment with us)||YES||NO||YES|
|Geolocation data (e.g., when you use our App, or the IP address assigned to your computer when you use the Internet and visit our website)||YES||NO||YES|
|Health insurance information||NO||NO||NO|
|Identifiers (e.g., name you provide to us, or the IP address assigned to your computer when you use the Internet and visit our website)||YES||NO||YES|
|Insurance Policy Number||NO||NO||NO|
|Other financial information (e.g., estimated information provided by a third party for marketing purposes)||YES||NO||YES|
|Postal address (e.g., to process your orders, or to send you coupons or circulars)||YES||NO||YES|
|Signature (e.g., to process credit card or debit card transactions)||YES||NO||YES|
|Social Security Number||NO||NO||NO|
|Telephone Number (e.g., to process orders, or if you contacted customer service)||YES||NO||YES|
|Transaction information (e.g., to process orders that you place with us)||YES||NO||YES|